Monday, April 13, 2009

You Will Want To Bring The Olympus Stylus 1030SW To Grand Bahama Island as Well!!!! Here's Why...


This huge fish was caught on camera just as the sun was going down. Larger fish seem to visit the reef when night falls.


You want a camera to take perfect underwater photos on Grand Bahama Island don't you? I knew I did when I booked my trip. However everything I came across was either priced in the $800.00 range, needed batteries, or couldn't go down further than 10 feet.

When I came across the Olympus 1030SW, I was more than excited because this camera could travel down to depths up to 30 feet, did not require an expensive waterproof chamber, and it was pretty indestructible.

Read my review on the Olympus 1030SW, look at my photos, all of them were taken with this camera!

A few months ago I began planning a trip to the Bahamas. Before going though I wanted to make sure I had absolutely everything I would need for such a vacations.

Some thing, I didn't quite need, but I sure as hell am glad I purchased them.

One item that I considered more of a luxury item, actually became the one thing I was so glad I didn't do without.

The Olympus Stylus 1030 SW Shock and Waterproof Digital Camera.

This beast of a camera will not only take photos on land, but you can also tote it along in the water with you, without having to worry about destroying the camera.

I wanted it for just that. To take pictures of coral reef, and tropical fish.

I never in a million years thought the Olympus Stylus 1030 SW Shock and Waterproof Digital Camera would have taken such beautiful photos, and at such a rate of speed.

The camera has all sorts of different functions that take no guesswork. Functions include snow & beach settings, underwater, underwater macro, portrait, night scene, candle light, fireworks, behind glass, and so many more easy to adjust settings.

The Olympus Stylus 1030 SW Shock and Waterproof Digital Camera features 10.1 mega pixels, so each and every picture you snap with the camera is flawless.

I bet you are wondering how well it works though right?

Well it took phenomenal land photos, and I was able to take photos of children blowing out birthday cake candles, without the annoying yellow squiggly lines that my old camera left behind. I also never missed a shot with the shutter settings. Basically all I had to do was hold down a button and it would take a snap shot at lightning speed rates. It continues to take shots till I lift my finger. I love this feature because I never miss a moment.

Land photos look fantastic.

Sea photos are even more beautiful.

I was able to snap shots of tropical fish, and corral reef without an issue whatsoever.

In pools however I get a very deep blue saturation hue, which can be adjusted using the Olympus Master software that comes with the camera.

Mainly though, I picked the Olympus Stylus 1030 SW Shock and Waterproof Digital Camera because it offered the best features for the price range I was looking to spend.

I ended up picking it up at Circuit City for $342.99 after using a promotional code I had found online.

The Li Battery is fully rechargeable, and does a full recharge in about 2 hours. The first charge took longer though.

One of the main reason I choose the Olympus Stylus 1030 SW Shock and Waterproof Digital Camera over other underwater cameras was based off of the fact that the battery was rechargeable. Other cameras required 4 AA batteries which I knew would be very annoying, and very expensive... not only that it would add unnecessary weight.

If you take a gander at my slide show, you will see just how beautiful the Olympus Stylus 1030 SW Shock and Waterproof Digital Camera really is.

I'm sure you can find better, but that is only if you are looking to spend $500 or more. The Olympus Stylus 1030 SW Shock and Waterproof Digital Camera in my opinion will take just as good a shot as those high end money gobbling underwater cameras.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to share? Feel free to comment

Dolphins at Unexo, Grand Bahama Island, Flipping Video!

Dolphin Moonwalking at Unexo, Grand Bahama Island Video

Stingray Right Off Shore at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach; Video

Puffer Fish That Lives In The Larger Reef At Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach

Beautiful Video Of Fish At Reef on Grand Bahamas Island