Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Favorite Sighting

Although spotting a Sharp Tail Eel was phenomenal, my favorite run in was one of the most unexpected sights.

I was swimming along the coast right outside of our resorts doors, about 10 feet off the shoreline, and in about 3 feet of water I found myself drifting right on top of a Barracuda!!!


I panicked and didn't know what to do. I knew swimming away like a frantic idiot would only cause the Barracuda aggravation, so I began to swim backwards using my flippers very slowly.


As I swam away, I took a very decent shot of the Barracuda. It barely even seemed to care that I was there. Here is what I caught though. I think it came out pretty damn good!
Just look at that beauty!!! When I have the time, I will clean this photo up in photoshop and re-post it for better viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to share? Feel free to comment

Dolphins at Unexo, Grand Bahama Island, Flipping Video!

Dolphin Moonwalking at Unexo, Grand Bahama Island Video

Stingray Right Off Shore at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach; Video

Puffer Fish That Lives In The Larger Reef At Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach

Beautiful Video Of Fish At Reef on Grand Bahamas Island